Whether you are frustrated that your home's current configuration feels cramped or you simply crave a new look, a complete interior remodel is more affordable than purchasing a new home. An interior remodeling project deserves careful planning. You must be prepared to select a new material palette, including flooring, paint and furniture as well as decorative touches. You'll be surprised to find that by making these updates, your home will feel completely transformed.
A Few Things to Think About First
- Establish your goals for your remodeling project. Consider what types of spaces your family needs and the ways in which your home's layout can be adapted to better meet them.
- Determine your budget.
- Create a consistent look for the interior of your home. Browse home remodeling magazines for ideas, and gather your favorite pictures for inspiration. Visit your local home improvement store or material showrooms and ask for samples so you can coordinate every room.
- Consider paint colors, flooring options, upholstery for furniture and countertop materials for the kitchen and bath. Every room doesn't have to look the same, but the design should flow well.
- Decide whether to phase the project or complete it all at once. You might need to make other living arrangements for your family through a portion of the remodeling process.
- Visit our Kitchen Remodeling or Bathroom Remodeling pages for more information.